PADDLER, SHORELINE WALKER, AND PARTY VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION FOR THE 2016 EVENT IS OPEN! Click Here to join the fun!
Highlights from the 2015 Event:
21 years of Lake Travis protection, service, and friendship brought over 850 people together on September 13, 2015:
- 350 Dive Volunteers, and 34 Dive Captains
- 500 Shoreline Volunteers
- 21 total Cleanup Sites on the Shoreline and Underwater
- 3.38 Tons of Trash Collected, including 720 lbs. of metal, and 360 lbs of recyclable material
- Amazing media coverage from 5 different news outlets
- A NEW group of paddling volunteers in kayaks and canoes joined our amazing annual tradition. Thank you to the American Canoe Association/L.L. Bean for making this possible!
Our 21st Anniversary event was made possible by:
The annual Lake Travis Cleanup is a community-wide event that rids Lake Travis of tons of debris and waste. The Lake Travis Cleanup is the BIGGEST scuba diving and shoreline cleanup in Texas.
Each year, local dive, shoreline, and party volunteers, gather to collect and average of 5 tons of trash from the bottom of Lake Travis and 11 Travis County Parks around the lake, while also helping to raise public awareness of the importance of Lake Travis and the Highland Lakes. The Lake Travis Cleanup is a great event for ALL ages! Rain or shine!
In Memoriam: Sr. Deputy Jessica L. Hollis
Jessica was swept away while checking a low water crossing in her patrol car on September 18, 2014. She loved the Lake Travis Cleanup and 2014 was her second year participating. We will miss her very much. Jessica is pictured below with Travis County Sherrif’s Office Lake Patrol Dive Captain Jose Escribano.